When should an adult’s eyes be examined?
We recommend adult examinations of the eyes be performed on a regular basis. Below is a chart with a recommended time line of how often an adult should receive an eye examination.
- Ages 20-39 / Every two to four years
- Ages 40-and older / Every year
What does an eye doctor do during an eye exam?
Eye exams may vary from person to person, but here are a few common things we may do during a routine exam:
- Fully review your family history of eye health
- Determine your visual acuity
- Confirm your intraocular pressure
- Examine the anterior and the posterior structures of the eye
How long will take a glaucoma surgery procedure?
Each operation should take no more than 45 minutes and best practice is to perform this operation as a day case. You get to go home straight after the operation and most patients find that more convenient.